‘Personal Information’ is defined in the Privacy Act 1993 as information about an identifiable individual, ie information:
- about a natural person as opposed to information
- about a company or other legal entity; and
- which is in a form which enables that person to be identified.
Any personal information you provide to us via this site will be collected and stored by Container Waste Ltd.
- It is necessary to provide goods or services you have requested; you have expressly consented to us collecting that information; necessary to protect or enforce our legal rights or interests or to defend any claims made against us by any person (including you); or required by law.
- Where reasonable and practicable, we will collect your personal information directly from you and inform you that this is being done. Where your personal information is collected from a third party, we will take reasonable steps to ensure you are aware that this has been done.
A cookie is a piece of programming which enables us to customise services on our website to the interests of the user. For example, a cookie can be used to store registration information so that you do not need to re-enter that information on a subsequent visit to the site. We may send cookies to your computer while you are accessing the Container Waste Limited website.
However, we do not use them to collect any personal information about you, although we may collect non-attributed (anonymous) information regarding your use of this site. Some web browsers enable you to decline the receipt of cookies. If you utilise this function you will still be able to access this site albeit without some enhancement features.
We respect the privacy of your personal information and we will take all reasonable steps to keep it strictly confidential. We may disclose your personal information to members of Container Waste Limited or our service providers, but will only do so where equivalent commitments of confidentiality are provided.
Otherwise, we will only disclose your personal information without your consent if this is:
- necessary to protect or enforce our legal rights or interests or to defend any claims made against us by any person (including you); necessary to lessen a serious threat to a person’s health or safety; or required by law.
Under no circumstances will we sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your personal information.
We may record and store personal information which we collect from you and where we do so we will take all reasonable steps:
- to keep your personal information secure and prevent unauthorised disclosure; and to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date.
However, we do not promise that your personal information cannot be accessed by an unauthorised person (e.g. a hacker) or that unauthorised disclosures will not occur. If we provide you with any passwords or other security devices it is important that you keep these secret and confidential and do not allow them to be used by any other person.
You should notify us immediately if the security of these devices is breached to prevent the unauthorised disclosure of your personal information.
At any time you may request us to provide you with a transcript of any of your personal information we have stored and recorded by contacting us. We will provide you with the transcript as soon as possible but in any event within 14 days unless:
- your request is frivolous or vexatious;
- release of the person information would prejudice our legal rights; or
- we have legal grounds to deny your request.
If you are able to establish that any of your personal information which has been stored and recorded by us is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, then you should notify us and we will take all reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.